<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 27, 2005

OK, so here's a problem. I've just run an incremental for the vol1: volume. It backed up 204 objects for a total of 303.5 KB taking 1:23. I used the following command:

i vol1:home/

This is the command line command to tell TSM that I want an incremental backup of the home directory on vol1: This worked fine.

Trying to continue my testing I tried to restore vol1:/home to the copy: volume, so I issued the command:

res vol1:home/ copy:tsm/

This tells TSM to restore everything it has for vol1:home/ and put it on the copy: volume in a directory called TSM. This didn't work. I got the following error:

"ANS1084 No files have previously been backed up for vol1:home/"

Thinking I may have had a syntax error, I tried restoring sys:system to the copy: volume. I issued:

res sys:system/ copy:/ This worked just fine.

I then tried various other ways to restore the previous vol1: information, but always got the same error.

I have started the restore via the web client although I've been told by TSM support that this isn't the best way to do restores.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?